Tuesday, October 21, 2014

"Guess working with your dad would come in handy out here."

So this week on P-day we played zone versus zone football, which was a lot of fun. We had enough missionaries to where our team, so we could have an offense and a defense haha.  I played as running back and got a couple of touchdowns, because a lot of people are slow haha.  This week we did exchanges and I stayed in our area, so I was in charge for the day. We knocked on a lot of doors and me and Elder Hernandez had a good time doing it.  We have been helping this guy build a barn, and I have been on the roof using a nail gun putting in plywood and after that we put waterproofing on top of that, and I cut it with a razor.  At first one of the other missionaries was trying to cut the waterproofing with the razor and absolutely shredding it doing it.  So I was like "I'll do it" and I cut a clean, straight line in one try haha.  Guess working with you dad would come in handy out here.  [Elder Austin's dad is a floor installer.]  We also had zone training this week, which mainly had to do with district leaders and the changes around leadership.  Oh, and I will be watching "Meet the Mormons" here exclusively for missionaries on Tuesday, so that is exciting.  We went over and had a lesson with Mackenzie, and Kailee walked out and talked to us.  She was still really friendly, but we aren't sure if she is still interested. We will work on that in the upcoming week.  We met with the less active mother who wants her kids to be baptized, and she said they were going to try to make it to church, but didn't end up coming, so we are going to have to help them to know the importance of it and the blessings that come from it as well.  She has a sincere desire for her kids to be baptized, but is still uncomfortable coming back to church.  Remember them in your prayers.  Hope you guys are doing great and I hope to talk to you all soon!!

Love,
Elder Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment