Monday, October 20, 2014

So basically I have become a professional mover here in Castle Rock haha.

So for this week - We've done a lot of service.  On Monday we went back to Castle Wood Canyon which was a lot of fun. One of the elders right in front of me almost stepped on a rattlesnake on the trail. It was about four feet long, and it started rattling like crazy.  We mainly ran across the top of the canyon, and I climbed a bit on the rock faces which was fun.  This week we helped move a lady who is leaving the area. We helped her move her stuff into a storage unit a couple of weeks ago, and now we were moving it from the unit into a truck. I ended up being the guy almost stuck in the back of the truck cramming stuff in to fit it tight haha.  We also helped a guy in our area move from one house to another in our area so we were moving stuff in and out, and also while we were doing service for a member, we ran over to help this family move in close by, they were really grateful because there were like eight of us, and we got it done pretty fast.  So basically I have become a professional mover here in Castle Rock haha.  We also were helping a member family landscape their yard.  We were leveling out the ground the way they wanted it  -  laying down rocks and mulch and digging holes for plants.  It was a lot of fun, but the worst part about it was that the dirt was filled with big rocks, so digging and leveling took some effort haha, but we got it all done.  We have been teaching lessons with families in the ward and that has been going really well.  We have been trying to meet with the less-active sister in our ward who wants her kids to be baptized.  She hasn't made it to church yet, so we are going to be working with them this week.  We also are going to try to meet with other less-actives as well.  We still haven't been able to find investigators, but we are working on it.  Through hard work, I have truly strengthened my faith no matter the results we get.  And I know that I will continue to do my best and let the Lord take over the work here.  I hope you guys are doing great and I'll talk to you soon!

Love,
Elder Austin




No comments:

Post a Comment