Wednesday, October 22, 2014

"So this week we were able to watch Meet the Mormons on Tuesday."

How is it going everyone? So this week we were able to watch Meet the Mormons on Tuesday. It is a really great movie and portrays the members of the church as normal people. I really like it and would recommend it.  For the General Conference Saturday sessions, all the missionaries were at a families house who own 140 acres of land in the mountain including their house which is on the peak of one.  We watched the conference in their theater room with reclined leather couches haha, super nice.  In between the morning and afternoon sessions (12 to 2) we helped them put up fences for their property and cleared out some brush for more fencing, and doing that I got to drive their side-by-side. It is a 900 razor, which was a ton of fun going on dirt roads up in the mountains.  For  the Sunday session, we went to a part member, less-active family's home and watched the morning session with them, and for the afternoon we watched it at our ward mission leader's house with the Spanish Missionaries.  As for the rest of the week, we spent it going to member homes, both active and less-active, inviting them to invite others to watch conference and to share something about it before and after on social media.  So this week has been pretty good.  This morning I went with the Zone Leaders and played tennis, which was a lot of fun.  I am actually not that bad, so it was pretty fun haha, just like playing it right before I left.  So transfers are this week, so I might be leaving to my 2nd area, but it is all up in the air -  but most likely I will have a new companion whether I leave or not.  I hope to hear from everyone soon. I miss you all, and will do my best to take more pictures Mom, haha maybe.

Love,
Elder Austin
(this update was emailed to everyone
on Oct. 6th)

No comments:

Post a Comment